The food and beverage department is looking for a Chef de Rang to join the team.
Key responsibilities of the Chef de Rang will include:
- Ensuring prompt and professional guest service
- To set up the restaurant and other service areas to the required standard, ensuring sufficient mise en place is completed pre and post service
- To be familiar with guests allergies and special dietaries
- To be totally familiar with the a la carte menu, tasting menu, room service items and cheese board at all times
- To assist in taking orders when required, taking every opportunity to up-sell food and beverage products
- Assisting the bar and lounge team with serving canapés, teas etc.
- To assist restaurant management with on the job training of new staff and “coaching” existing staff to ensure standards are consistent and to the standard required
- Maintain the highest possible standards or hygiene and cleanliness in the restaurant
- Ensure the SOP manual is adhered to at all times
The ideal candidate for the Chef de Rang position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a fulltime position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the Chef de Rang position should:
- Have previous experience as Demi-Chef de Rang or Chef de Rang within a four or five star hotel or fine dining restaurant
- Have good knowledge of food and beverage
- Be well spoken with excellent communication skills
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Portray professional standards at all times
- Have great attention to detail
- Have a friendly, bubbly and flexible attitude
- Communicate effectively in English
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Accommodation is available on site.