The local community is very important to us, as many of our staff live either on-site or in the village. Supporting this community has been rewarding for both us and our local members. Our participation includes:
- As part of the Red Carnation Collection we contribute annually to The Tick Tock Appeal of the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, and The Starlight Foundation
- Each year, Executive Chef Steven Titman mentors one pupil from the Thomas Hardy School in Dorchester for a schools cookery competition. There are 4000 applicants from across the UK, and when we do not have an outright winner, we are always in the finals
- We never refuse a request for a charitable donation from the various organisations in the village. Click here for further details.
- We have created close relationships with colleges in Yeovil, Dorchester and Bournemouth, accommodating students on work experience and an ongoing apprentice in the kitchen. Plans are in place to extend these apprenticeships to other departments of the hotel
- Left over shampoo, conditioner and shower gel is taken by our staff to the Yeovil Night Shelter